loongson/pypi/: sniffio-1.2.0 metadata and description
Sniff out which async library your code is running under
|author||Nathaniel J. Smith|
|license||MIT -or- Apache License 2.0|
Because this project isn't in the
no releases from root/pypi are included.
sniffio: Sniff out which async library your code is running under
You’re writing a library. You’ve decided to be ambitious, and support multiple async I/O packages, like Trio, and asyncio, and … You’ve written a bunch of clever code to handle all the differences. But… how do you know which piece of clever code to run?
This is a tiny package whose only purpose is to let you detect which async library your code is running under.
- Documentation: https://sniffio.readthedocs.io
- Bug tracker and source code: https://github.com/python-trio/sniffio
- License: MIT or Apache License 2.0, your choice
- Contributor guide: https://trio.readthedocs.io/en/latest/contributing.html
- Code of conduct: Contributors are requested to follow our code of conduct in all project spaces.
This library is maintained by the Trio project, as a service to the async Python community as a whole.
from sniffio import current_async_library import trio import asyncio async def print_library(): library = current_async_library() print("This is:", library) # Prints "This is trio" trio.run(print_library) # Prints "This is asyncio" asyncio.run(print_library())
For more details, including how to add support to new async libraries, please peruse our fine manual.