loongson/pypi/: zope-container-4.4.0 metadata and description
|author||Zope Foundation and Contributors|
|requires_python||>=2.7, !=3.0.*, !=3.1.*, !=3.2.*, !=3.3.*, !=3.4.*|
Because this project isn't in the
no releases from root/pypi are included.
This package define interfaces of container components, and provides container implementations such as a BTreeContainer and OrderedContainer, as well as the base class used by zope.site.folder for the Folder implementation.
Documentation is hosted at https://zopecontainer.readthedocs.io
Support the PURE_PYTHON environment variable at runtime instead of just at wheel build time. A value of 0 forces the C extensions to be used failing if they aren’t present. Any other value forces the Python implementation to be used, ignoring the C extensions.
Drop support for the deprecated python setup.py test command.
Ensure all objects have consistent interface resolution orders. This may slightly change the order of interfaces for ContainedProxy objects. See issue 34.
Stop including outdated versions of zope.proxy (implementation) and persistent headers. Instead, locate and use the installed versions. See issue 32.
This adds those two dependencies to setup_requires.
- Add support for Python 3.8.
- Drop support for Python 3.4.
- Add a dependency on zope.cachedescriptors, previously removed in 3.11. zope.cachedescriptors is a lightweight package, and the copied code had diverged from the source. See https://github.com/zopefoundation/zope.container/issues/16
- Fix the possibility of a rare crash in the C extension when deallocating items. See https://github.com/zopefoundation/zope.container/issues/24
- Add support for Python 3.7.
- Make OrderedContainer.updateOrder normalize and store text keys the same way that __setitem__ does. Fixes https://github.com/zopefoundation/zope.container/issues/21
- Add support for Python 3.5 and 3.6.
- Drop support for Python 2.6 and 3.3.
- Make OrderedContainer properly store the decoded text keys for maintaining order instead of the raw bytes. Also make it able to accept raw bytes under Python 3 in the first place. Fixes https://github.com/zopefoundation/zope.container/issues/17
- Fix OrderedContainer becoming inconsistent if an event subscriber threw an exception when adding an item. See https://github.com/zopefoundation/zope.container/issues/18
- Attain 100% test coverage. See https://github.com/zopefoundation/zope.container/issues/15
- Make the default NameChooser always decode bytes using ASCII instead of whatever the current system codec happens to be.
- Make the default NameChooser stop catching KeyboardInterrupt and other BaseException types when it potentially calls user-defined code to convert a name to a text string. Instead, just catch Exception.
- Respect the PURE_PYTHON environment variable at runtime in addition to build time. This makes it possible to use the pure-Python implementation of the container proxy on CPython for ease of debugging. See https://github.com/zopefoundation/zope.container/issues/13
- Make zope.container._proxy.PyContainedProxyBase inherit directly from zope.proxy.AbstractProxyBase as well as persistent.Persistent, removing a bunch of redundant code, and fixing bugs in interaction with pure-Python persistence. See: https://github.com/zopefoundation/zope.container/pull/4
- Add direct dependencies on zope.proxy and persistent since we import from them; pin them to the versions needed for pure-Python.
- Drop deprecated BBB imports module, zope.container.dependency.
- Add support for Python 3.4.
- Add support for PyPy.
- Restore Folder pickle forward/backward compatibility with version 3.12.0 after making it inherit from BTreeContainer.
- Allow testing without checkouts of unreleased zope.publisher and ZODB.
- Add Python 3 Trove classifiers.
- Add support for Python 3.3.
- Make Folder class inherit from BTreeContainer class, so that the IContainer interface does not need to be re-implemented. Added a data attribute for BBB.
- Replace deprecated zope.component.adapts usage with equivalent zope.component.adapter decorator.
- Replace deprecated zope.interface.implements usage with equivalent zope.interface.implementer decorator.
- Drop support for Python 2.4 and 2.5.
- Send IContainerModifiedEvent after the container is modified (LP#705600).
- Preserve the original exception traceback in OrderedContainer.__setitem__.
- Handle Broken Objects more gracefully
- Fix a bug that made it impossible to store None values in containers (LP#1070719).
- Fix detection of moving folders into itself or a subfolder of itself. (LP#118088)
- Fix ZCML-related tests and dependencies.
- Add zcml extra dependencies.
- Prefer the standard libraries doctest module to the one from zope.testing.
- Add compatibility with ZODB3 3.10 by importing the IBroken interface from it directly. Once we can rely on the new ZODB3 version exclusively, we can remove the dependency onto the zope.broken distribution.
- Never fail if the suggested name is in a wrong type (#227617)
- checkName first checks the parameter type before the emptiness.
- Copy two trivial classes from zope.cachedescriptors into this package, which allows us to remove that dependency. We didn’t actually use any caching properties as the dependency suggested.
- Move zope.copypastemove related tests into that package.
- Remove no longer used zcml prefix from the configure file.
- Stop importing DocTestSuite from zope.testing.doctestunit. Fixes compatibility problems with zope.testing 3.8.4.
- Break testing dependency on zope.app.testing.
- Break testing dependency on zope.app.dependable by moving the code and tests into that package.
- Import ISite from zope.component after it was moved there from zope.location.
- Rerelease 3.9.0 as it had a broken Windows 2.6 egg.
- Mark this project as part of the ZTK.
Previous releases should be versioned 3.9.0 as they are not pure bugfix releases and worth a “feature” release, increasing feature version.
Packages that depend on any changes introduced in version 3.8.2 or 3.8.3 should depend on version 3.9 or greater.
- Move IXMLRPCPublisher ZCML registrations for containers from zope.app.publisher.xmlrpc to zope.container for now.
- Rid ourselves of IContained interface. This interface was moved to zope.location.interfaces. A b/w compat import still exists to keep old code running. Depend on zope.location>=3.5.4.
- Rid ourselves of the implementations of IObjectMovedEvent, IObjectAddedEvent, IObjectRemovedEvent interfaces and ObjectMovedEvent, ObjectAddedEvent and ObjectRemovedEvent classes. B/w compat imports still exist. All of these were moved to zope.lifecycleevent. Depend on zope.lifecycleevent>=3.5.2.
- Fix a bug in OrderedContainer where trying to set the value for a key that already exists (duplication error) would actually delete the key from the order, leaving a dangling reference.
- Partially break dependency on zope.traversing by disusing zope.traversing.api.getPath in favor of using ILocationInfo(object).getPath(). The rest of the runtime dependencies on zope.traversing are currently interface dependencies.
- Break runtime dependency on zope.app.dependable by using a zcml condition on the subscriber ZCML directive that registers the CheckDependency handler for IObjectRemovedEvent. If zope.app.dependable is not installed, this subscriber will never be registered. zope.app.dependable is now a testing dependency only.
- Fix misspackaged 3.8.0
- Change configure.zcml to not depend on zope.app.component. Fixes: https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/348329
- Move the declaration of IOrderedContainer.updateOrder to a new, basic IOrdered interface and let IOrderedContainer inherit it. This allows easier reuse of the declaration.
- Fix: added missing ComponentLookupError, missing since revision 95429 and missing in last release.
- Adapt to the move of IDefaultViewName from zope.component.interfaces to zope.publisher.interfaces.
- Add support for reserved names for containers. To specify reserved names for some container, you need to provide an adapter from the container to the zope.container.interfaces.IReservedNames interface. The default NameChooser is now also aware of reserved names.
Raise more “Pythonic” errors from __setitem__, losing the dependency on zope.exceptions:
o zope.exceptions.DuplicationError -> KeyError
o zope.exceptions.UserError -> ValueError
Move import of IBroken interface to use new zope.broken package, which has no dependencies beyond zope.interface.
Make test part pull in the extra test requirements of this package.
Split the z3c.recipe.compattest configuration out into a new file, compat.cfg, to reduce the burden of doing standard unit tests.
Strip out bogus develop eggs from buildout.cfg.
- Split this package off zope.app.container. This package is intended to have far less dependencies than zope.app.container.
- This package also contains the container implementation that used to be in zope.app.folder.