loongson/pypi/: anyio-3.6.1 metadata and description
High level compatibility layer for multiple asynchronous event loop implementations
Because this project isn't in the
no releases from root/pypi are included.
AnyIO is an asynchronous networking and concurrency library that works on top of either asyncio or trio. It implements trio-like structured concurrency (SC) on top of asyncio, and works in harmony with the native SC of trio itself.
Applications and libraries written against AnyIO’s API will run unmodified on either asyncio or trio. AnyIO can also be adopted into a library or application incrementally – bit by bit, no full refactoring necessary. It will blend in with native libraries of your chosen backend.
View full documentation at: https://anyio.readthedocs.io/
AnyIO offers the following functionality:
- Task groups (nurseries in trio terminology)
- High level networking (TCP, UDP and UNIX sockets)
- Happy eyeballs algorithm for TCP connections (more robust than that of asyncio on Python 3.8)
- async/await style UDP sockets (unlike asyncio where you still have to use Transports and Protocols)
- A versatile API for byte streams and object streams
- Inter-task synchronization and communication (locks, conditions, events, semaphores, object streams)
- Worker threads
- Asynchronous file I/O (using worker threads)
- Signal handling